 Trains / 29211
Re: Flatcars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:14:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Matt Hamann wrote:
   I’ve slowly been photographing my flatcars which have been built since late January (you can see some in their earlier stages in COLTC show galleries). Here is my most recent, a not quite 7 wide centerbeam flatcar. The trucks/bogies on that and the bulkhead flatcar were inspired in part by the ones Tim Gould used on his US covered hoppercar.

The bulkheads of the bulkhead flatcar were designed by Tim Gould and me through a discussion in mechahub’s IRC chatroom.

I was inspired by Cale Liephart’s Pensy Flatcars You can see a slightly different version (the hand brake, is the biggest) here.

The depressed flatcar was inspired by this. Thanks for looking, -Matt

Nice work on all of these, Matt. The centerbeam is definitely my favourite. Very sleek.

Tim