 Trains / 29213
Re: Flatcars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:38:11 GMT

"Tim Gould" <tgould.lego(AT@)gmail(DOT.)com> wrote in message
news:JJL3w7.4nK@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.announce.moc, Matt Hamann wrote:
I've slowly been photographing my flatcars which have been built since
late
January (you can see some in their earlier stages in COLTC show
galleries).
Here is my most recent, a not quite 7 wide centerbeam flatcar. The
trucks/bogies on that and the bulkhead flatcar were inspired in part by
the
ones Tim Gould used on his US covered hoppercar.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2559179>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2547096>

The bulkheads of the bulkhead flatcar were designed by Tim Gould and me
through a discussion in mechahub's IRC chatroom.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2387280>

I was inspired by Cale Liephart's
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=233999 Pensy Flatcars>
You
can see a slightly different version (the hand brake, is the biggest)
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2397703 here>.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2415161>

The depressed flatcar was inspired by
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=248521 this>. Thanks for
looking, -Matt

Nice work on all of these, Matt. The centerbeam is definitely my
favourite. Very
sleek.

Tim

Whoa!  That centerbeam is a work of art!  I love the idea of using the
string, and those trucks are pretty nifty too.

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net