 Trains / 29204
Re: LMS Shunting Engine with Tender
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 05:26:17 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason J Railton wrote:
   I’ve just seen my latest Factory model added to Cool Train Creations, so here it is:

It’s based on the 0-4-0 ‘OF’ class (or ‘Pug’) saddle-tank steam shunting engine, introduced in Britain in 1895. I’ve used the livery of the London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS, 1923-1948) - well, a very bright red version of it. Not strictly correct as if this was used in a marshalling yard, it would probably have just been plain black. Only the Caledonian Railway, in Scotland, used these to pull branch line services. It’s hard to do other colour schemes though with the brick selection.

Jason,

Fantastic build! Every bit of thought is well planned and the execution appears superb. Excellent build. I haven’t churned through the details, but I am very eager to disect the work.

later,

James Mathis