 Trains / 29041
  Help with Orient Express...?

Hi all! With the attic being shaped up to become my hobby room, I'm designing plans to link all the existing sets & stuff I have created into my own Lego world. The main challenge will be the trains that will ride through the whole set-up. I've (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Hi Laurent, Firstly I think that it really depends what style of layout you want to have. If you just want something that looks vaguely like an Orient Express but made from LEGO then you probably should just find pictures from movies and the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) My advice, if you haven't already bought the sets, would be to see if you can get the (URL) blue version> of the coaches. The Orient Express coaches are all blue for the sleepers and blue below and a light cream above for the day coaches and (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Oh and adding some thin yellow lines along the coaches would add to the Orient Express look. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Hi all, Blokbricks ((URL) and click on Brick Express) will be selling a OE Dining Carriage ((URL) and OE Lounge-Bar Carriage ((URL) Maybe you can use the pictures for inspiration. Or just wait and buy them! Jeroen (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

<snipped> Oh, and then there is of course James Mathis' wonderfull Orient Express: (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) And I thought I new all of James' full rakes... obviously not. Nice work, James. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) I like the Orient Express coaches there. I like the whole idea of the site although I'm never convinced how big the market is for custom models, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong! Is it your site? I also like the (URL) loco> Tim PS you should (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Nah, isn't my site. Bought their Sik shunter. It's very famous here in the Netherlands. It have been around since 1930 and is still(!) used (the real deal: (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Thanks 'other' Tim! Unfortunately I had already purchased the green wagons (5 of them!). So now I'm not too sure whether I should just go on with these... That'll learn me for being too quick in ordering & not researching a bit more in (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Oh well! You can always run them as your Express for now, then maybe later build some more appropriate models and keep them for local trains, green was the most common colour for coaches across most of Europe during the heyday of the Orient (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)