 Trains / 28229
Re: Steeple Cab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 00:19:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes wrote:
   It is getting cold here in Maryland - time to stay in and play with Lego.

Ha, you call that cold? Here in Minnesota, when the temp hits the double nickel, we go golfing! Of course, that won’t happen until April....

   In the last couple of years there have been some great MOCs being made. I have been collecting a list of other peoples trains of which I want to build copies.

Hey, me, too! (At least about the copying other people’s MOCs, that is) We’ve copied of course this, and this, and this (the Mathis/Matthes truck), and I’m in the process of building one of these. I’m also of the mind to build one of Ben’s steamers, too...

   I started building one of them, a Mathis/Neal, et al “Club Trolley” (see http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131849) in red and white. I am waiting for a Bricklink order from Precious Princess Palace to finish the roof. This is what I have so far - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2172470. This is a great model!

Cool! I think every LTC should have a copy of a Mathis Trolley. A Spamcake Diner, too!

   Since I was thinking about trolleys I bought a bunch of old train magazines at the local library book store. Old (and new) “Model Railroader” magazines are a great source of inspiration and information. I found one from November 1970 that an interesting looking steeple cab on the cover - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2172482. Steeple cabs are small electric locomotives that were used on trolley and interurban lines to move freight cars.

While waiting for my Bricklink order I built this steeple cab locomotive: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2172481

It has the same color scheme as the trolley. I will be building a bunch of traction equipment.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

Nice work, Bob! And I like the idea of using a unique color scheme-- I’d create your own line-- “Hayes Traction Company” or something:-)

JOHN