 Trains / 28228
28227  |  28229
Subject:
Steeple Cab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:51:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

It is getting cold here in Maryland - time to stay in and play with Lego.

In the last couple of years there have been some great MOCs being made.  I have
been collecting a list of other peoples trains of which I want to build copies.

I started building one of them, a Mathis/Neal, et al "Club Trolley" (see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131849) in red and white.  I am
waiting for a Bricklink order from Precious Princess Palace to finish the roof.
This is what I have so far -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2172470.  This is a great model!

Since I was thinking about trolleys I bought a bunch of old train magazines at
the local library book store.  Old (and new) "Model Railroader" magazines are a
great source of inspiration and information.  I found one from November 1970
that an interesting looking steeple cab on the cover -
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2172482.  Steeple cabs are small
electric locomotives that were used on trolley and interurban lines to move
freight cars.

While waiting for my Bricklink order I built this steeple cab locomotive:

It has the same color scheme as the trolley.  I will be building a bunch of
traction equipment.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

Bob Hayes