 Trains / 27808 (-5)
  Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods

(...) snip (...) Actually I wouldn't call that cheating at all, I'd call it compromise. And as far as I'm concerned, compromise is fine (even necessary!) in building LEGO models. I would probably do something like Teunis did in his S-class, but (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods

(...) Hello Sebastian, The best I've manage to work out on this is with my 4-8-4 Northern engine as shown at: (URL) In this case, I put the leading wheels forward of the steam cylinders. The cylinders stay attached to the same bogie/truck that drive (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Articulation with "working" connecting rods

(...) Not sure I can help you much here - I designed my cylinders to be quite flat so they could slide 'twixt motor and soleplate. With small BBB wheels on the front your front truck is lower than a standard motor, but if you say Rosco's are too (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Articulation with "working" connecting rods

I'm trying to design an 8-wide 4-8-4 using Big Ben's wheels (CAD only, I'm but a poor student), and want the loco to be able to negotiate standard Lego curves. As the leading truck has an axle each side of the cylinders, I'm finding it hard to keep (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains)

  New BBBset - #172 Train Handcar

Big Ben Bricks is pleased to announce a new set. Set #172, Train Handcar. (2 URLs) It comes with 39 pieces, including 4 Big Ben Bricks train wheels and two highly flexible minifigs (made using basketball legs with the springs removed). As the (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact