 Trains / 27681
  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) Hi Paul, I like it a lot. I like the details quite a lot. I build the few train cars that I do in 6 wide, but like to think of them as "beefy six wide" as I would this. I'd love to see this in dark red or reddish brown with the same livery. I (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) Jonathan, Thanks! Mucho credit goes to Chris of course. I like "beefy six wide", too. This was 8-wide converted to 6-wide so I wonder if that contributed there. Hmmm... maybe 6-wide builders should try building in 8-wide first before (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

I especially love the livery on it. I'm glad to see that you were able to get LDD to do that (I'm still not as familiar as I'd like to be). steve (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Set: Checkerboard Boxcar

(...) Thanks Steve! Being able to import LDraw files into LDD was a big part of this. I pretty much did all of the designing in MLCAD and used LDD more for checking part availability, checking for proper LDraw conversion, and quick prototyping and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)