 Trains / 27630
  locomotive referance sites?

Hey guy's, I am looking into building a couple diesel engines to expand my collection and to update my existing models and I’m having a heck of a time finding reference drawings to work from. Basically I’m looking for drawings with rough dimensions (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: locomotive referance sites?

(...) This is a good site for side views of US locomotives at least. (URL) Although they don't have dimensions they are to scale so you should be able to work them out pretty easily. Tim (18 years ago, 1-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: locomotive referance sites?

Slightly related, a good reference site I found for UK locomotives is, (URL) is UK Southern Region. (18 years ago, 1-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: locomotive referance sites?

(...) Sometimes books are better than sites at giving real technical information. I recommend the Model Railroader Cyclopedia Volume 2 - Diesel Locomotives, ISBN 0-89024-547-9 at $37.95 (£25.00). I'll email you some info. I think it's worth (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains)