 Trains / 27379
  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Close, but note there's nothing that could {input} the position of a train to trigger a polarity change at the right moment. It does hook directly up to the controller as Mathew suggested. Jason R (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) I guess I must finally accept the truth that it is nothing to do with excrement :( What it looks like to me is a controller for a end-to-end tram line. Or some such. (Do trams have toilets??) ROSCO (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Ah, finally the penny (rather than other unsavoury matter) drops! So what old model rail trick do you have to do to the track to make it work in a neat and orderly fashion? (Good grief, it's like pulling teeth. Remind me not to try anything (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Seems to me it'd be handy to have an isolated section of track at each end, connected with a diode (opposite polarity at each end) so it stops nicely but there's probably other ways to do it. (...) You can't fool us, you really love it ;) (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) That was exactly what I thought 'til I built one for our LUCNY layout. Turns out the diodes have to be the same way round :) So you only have to make one polarity of diode insulated track section. I use an RCX to simply reverse power every (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Nifty. Do you have any pictures or diagrams of this (OK, it's a *really* simple diagram I'll admit)? (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)