 Trains / 27260
  Re: Excelsior Trolley

(...) Which brings me to a question I've had for awhile, what is required to turn a line into a ping pong line? (18 years ago, 14-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Excelsior Trolley

(...) A few RCXs and Ross's programming... <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (18 years ago, 14-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Excelsior Trolley

(...) Are you detecting the trolleys at the end of the line for reversal? If so, how (mechanically, optically, magneticly, other...). And you don't need RCX's... you could do it with mechanically triggered polarity switches, for instance. (18 years ago, 14-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Excelsior Trolley

(...) (to J-1): He did it with one but I'm not exactly sure how, because, as you've intimated, Ross is the brains in the TCLTC, and I am the bankroll;-) (...) Ross has created a ping-pong loop for our subway modules. (URL) HERE> is a pic of one of (...) (18 years ago, 14-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Excelsior Trolley

(...) My ping-pong line (for my (URL) W tram>, sorry no pics yet) has a dual line with matching points at each end set to normal (straight). As the tram nears the end of the run, the S curve of the point slows it down without me needing to program a (...) (18 years ago, 14-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Excelsior Trolley

I've done something similar, "pin-pong" or shuttle, using a model railroad circuit. This uses LDR's to detect the train, ambient light works but people leaning over the sensor can cause problems. This has been successfully used at a couple of UK (...) (18 years ago, 15-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)