 Trains / 27067
  Crane Car

While getting ready for (URL) NELUG's> upcoming train show, I was rebuilding my (URL) Adventurer's Train>. The question always comes up about how Johnny Thunder and crew unload their vehicles track-side if they are traveling through the tundra. The (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers, FTX) !!

  Re: Crane Car

(...) [snip] (...) Hi Elroy, always great to see different LEGO cranes, and I like this one! Has got that adventurers "feel" to it - I especially like the steam greebling. All the important elements of a useful crane are there, in a slightly (...) (18 years ago, 26-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Crane Car

(...) I really like this. i feel that for freelance models of engineering items you really have to think about how it would work, get i this mechanicals right and it will look right. The way it moves along the car is nifty,it reminds me of something (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Crane Car

(...) I really like this. i feel that for freelance models of engineering items you really have to think about how it would work, get i this mechanicals right and it will look right. The way it moves along the car is nifty,it reminds me of something (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Crane Car

(...) The boom hinge is held in place by gravity. The boom itself is on friction pins, so in reality it's held in place by the Hand of God (i.e., if I keep my finger under the boom, it doesn't generally drop anything). I had wanted to put in a worm (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: Crane Car

(...) Thanks. My main goal for this, other than having a working crane, was to have it fit in nicely with the rest of the train. It's a bit taller than I would have liked, but as my wife pointed out, "It's an old machine. It's supposed to be big." (...) (18 years ago, 29-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)