 Trains / 26759
  Window size in train engine

Hi all! I am working on a new engine (TE116), and need some windows for the motor section. Plane windows are fine, but I'd like some rounded windows, which are a bit wider than high. I have been thinking about SNOT, turning them 90 degreed, but they (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

Could wait for the new freight engine and simply flip the train windscreen upside down. -Stefan- (18 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

(...) I think he was talking about the windows down the side. You also can't turn crocodile ends upside down as they are full-height pieces. However, it does look like there's a green train windscreen on the crane truck you could invert. For windows (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

(...) Hi Sonnich, I had to deal with similar windows on my (URL) VL23>. I first considered plane windows on their side too but discounted it for the same reason so I ended up going for a three brick by four plate brick built window which I thought (...) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: Window size in train engine

Ah, the cab windows seemed harder to pull off than the side windows, which is why I focused on those. For the nose though, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to use the new window on the crane car in the freight set. I didn't mean the Krokodil (...) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Window size in train engine

(...) Better yet. Add it at a slight angle and add a sloped roof leading up to it. Oooh! I like this train a lot. Wish I'd spotted it first ;) More Soviet trains is always nice. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Tim (18 years ago, 10-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)