 Trains / 26609
26608  |  26610
Subject:
NY Subway train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:33:18 GMT

Hi all,

Just a little MOC from me, a New York City subway train (class R40M). I’m hoping to do underground trains of the world cities so this is sort of a number two of a series (after Moscow).

BS gallery

I tried to keep the design of this train as simple as possible whilst retaining the feel of the real thing. It is also designed so that with minor modification it can take an IR baseplate. The feature I like best is the use of rubber bands to simulate the rope handles between cars.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

Tim

PS. I will add the MPD when I have sorted it and added some steps. Feel free to ask for it if you’d like it before that happens.