 Trains / 25975
  Switch points stiffening...

I'm not sure if it's from overuse or from something else, but some of my wye points are not sliding as smoothly as they used to when the train is coming into the wye from the curve. I actually have to have the switch point in the proper position or (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch points stiffening...

Hello Dave, (...) As far as I know, this comes from the friction between plastic parts. Each friction removes a very little bit of plastic at each movement and leaves that white plastic dust on the moving parts. I reduced this problem by lowering (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch points stiffening...

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks! I'll give that a shot tonite! Dave K (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch points stiffening...

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: <snip> (...) I lubricated the switch just a bit and it appears to work very well. Thanks for the suggestion! Dave K (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.trains)