 Trains / 25975
25974  |  25976
Subject:
Switch points stiffening...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:13:34 GMT

I'm not sure if it's from overuse or from something else, but some of my wye
points are not sliding as smoothly as they used to when the train is coming into
the wye from the curve.

I actually have to have the switch point in the proper position or sometimes the
point'll force the loco or rolling stock to skip the track.

When I push the point with my finger, it feels pretty smooth, and the spring
inside appears to be doing the proper job.  But when a train comes from the
curve into the point, it doesn't move properly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dave K