 Trains / 25987
Re: Switch points stiffening...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:

<snip>

drop that you should use for one switchpoint.
This solution will only reduce the friction and it will not remove it, so the
problem will take longer to appear, but it will re-appear anyway. The delay
depends mainly of the level of usage you have with the switchpoint.

Hope this helps,

Philippe "frogleap" Label, Freelug member

I lubricated the switch just a bit and it appears to work very well.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Dave K