 Trains / 25865
    Re: Train catalogs —Jan-Albert van Ree
   (...) The only problem is that LGB is officially narrow-gauge, however several of their models are normal gauge, making for bad scale. And they do loads of selective compression (specially length-wise) , so I'd grab a good drawing of the real thing (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train catalogs —David Graham
   (...) Normally Lego models have selective compression. Very few people build to scale. Look at MiniLand at Legoland, the Santa Fe Train Cars etc. David (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train catalogs —Mark Bellis
     (...) For scale building I have used mostly books with drawings for British trains, and I found the Model Railroader Cyclopedias for US steam and diesel engines, but I'm not sure if there are books for mainland European trains. Does anyone know if (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train catalogs —Tim David
   (...) True, but I think its useful to have the correct proportions to create your own selective compression from, otherwise it ends up doubly selectively compressed! Tim (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains)