 Trains / 25210
Re: push trains (was Re: 12V to 9V - why the switch)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 13:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I think the loss of cheap push-along and battery starter sets may have damaged
take-up of Lego trains in the long term though.
I think that producing a line of unpowered trains would be a GREAT move for
TLC.

Basicly, sell train sets that are pretty much the same as they are now but
without the motor/speed regulator/etc.
Include a circle or oval of track plus a locomotive and cars. Perhaps sell
accessory cars too if the market is there for it.
Include instructions in the set showing how to add a train motor.

Yes exactly like 7715, which was the only set I could afford as a kid, but with
the advantage that you wouldn't need to buy electrical rails to electrify it

tim