 Trains / 25034
  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) I doubt a Shay would be possible in 6 wide - even with non working shafts, they have to be beside the wheels, requiring at least 8 wide. (URL) I found> the minimum practical scale was 10 wide. ROSCO (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) Hmm... how wide is a motor, with the truck sideframes? THere is stuff outside the wheels and they are not much wider (if at all) than 6. I'm thinking that if cost was no object, and you weren't trying to get something that actually worked, you (...) (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Nominations for a trainset poll

(...) It might encourage more people to build to 8mm scale :-) Mark (19 years ago, 6-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)