 Trains / 24698 (-10)
  Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

(...) South Shore is probably commuter, and Metra certainly is commuter, so not covered under the enabling legislation which applies to "scheduled revenue intercity service" (Most normal people would call Michigan City a different city than Chicago (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) Oops! I really should have read that 'blay' word there. I'll excuse myself by pleading language differences (Aus/US) so my eyes weren't drawn to it. Yeah! That'll work. The current orange looks perfect to me but then I am colour blind so that (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

I have to say I love this, you really seem to be on a roll at the moment. The choice of protoype is good, the livery is very attractive and the choice of orange makes for a great model. These is one (or five) of those models that work at two levels, (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  N-Shape Factory building

I finally got around to uploading pictures of my N-Shape factory. Oddly enough, this building is about to be retired, after being shown on a few Central Ohio Lego Train Club (COLTC) shows. (2 URLs) Some of the pictures were taken with 1x15 technic (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

(...) It may have been a shipper inspection train, or an excursion, those are both not "scheduled revenue intercity" service and thus not subject to the provisions of the Amtrak legislation. (...) As Frank said, no, not intercity. The deal made with (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

(...) Well I just took a non-Amtrak train from Michigan City to Chicago yesterday. (URL) NICTD> provides service from South Bend into Chicago and has for many years. Also (URL) Metra> has trains that run from downtown Chicago into a lot of the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

(...) Essentially no. There is some commuter rail service operated by metro transit authorities (Boston is the example I'm most familiar with). There are a variety of tourist railroads, but they mostly don't serve as general transportation. Frank (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

I figured I wouldn't get flamed too badly on the "friendliest place on the Internet" -- what is the status of individual railroads' passenger service in the U.S.?? I was under the impression that Amtrak provided (almost?) all inter-city passenger (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

Steve, These coaches look gr-gr-gr-great! The 4-color livery really pops for the eye. Looking forward to your loc of choice to pull this set. later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

I actually mentioned that dark blay might have been a better choice for the roof in the MOC pages text. I'm a huge fan of new colors, no insult at all! I only wish I had a ton of blay / dark blay to work with... Actually the pearlesque gray would (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact