 Trains / 24693 (-10)
  Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

(...) Well I just took a non-Amtrak train from Michigan City to Chicago yesterday. (URL) NICTD> provides service from South Bend into Chicago and has for many years. Also (URL) Metra> has trains that run from downtown Chicago into a lot of the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

(...) Essentially no. There is some commuter rail service operated by metro transit authorities (Boston is the example I'm most familiar with). There are a variety of tourist railroads, but they mostly don't serve as general transportation. Frank (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Stupid question about modern passenger service in U.S.

I figured I wouldn't get flamed too badly on the "friendliest place on the Internet" -- what is the status of individual railroads' passenger service in the U.S.?? I was under the impression that Amtrak provided (almost?) all inter-city passenger (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

Steve, These coaches look gr-gr-gr-great! The 4-color livery really pops for the eye. Looking forward to your loc of choice to pull this set. later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

I actually mentioned that dark blay might have been a better choice for the roof in the MOC pages text. I'm a huge fan of new colors, no insult at all! I only wish I had a ton of blay / dark blay to work with... Actually the pearlesque gray would (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) That's a truly lovely set of carriages. I really like the livery and am glad you didn't take the shortcut of using regular orange. Although I'm going to be fla(y/m)ed royally for this, the greys look like they could be replaced by... bleys... (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

This era coach can go both ways actually, diesel or steam. As Larry sugeested the element selection in medium orange is very limited, the F7s would be hard to model in real Brick, even though I love them. So I have been planning on a black steamer. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) Sure! and as soon as LEGO makes that car hood piece available in his orange, he could just crib my design and he'd be all set. I wonder if I should ldraw it? But I still think that these cars would look SWEET behind JT's black and orange (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) Larry, I see you posted a Visitor review on steve's MOC Page... "Larry Pieniazek (from Ada, Michigan, USA,Earth) March 28, 2005 Wow. This is a tour de force! Whether prototypical or not, it would totally rock to see these pulled by JT's DRGW (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: D&RGW coach set

(...) Oh, those are just lovely. Great great great use of the not-quite-orange orange color. One very minor nit? They look like they could use some more greebling on the undercarriage. And a question - what sort of locomotive will be pulling these (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact