 Trains / 24613 (-20)
  Re: Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

(...) The other, and likely reason that the axel hole was redesigned, is to be consistant with the new mini axel car wheels. These were redesigned to lock onto the axel for bull back and electrified racer motors. Unfortunatly all of these moter use (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

Sweet! I saw this a while back with some of the club pics (one of the rare occasions I actually check out something like that) and your model was one of those that struck me. I see the BNSF buffers have made their first (?) MOC appearance as well. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Jason, I haven't kept up to pace on close-coupling of train cars, but I'm really impressed by your solution. It is low-profile, shared trucks, and looks very clean, simple, and straight-forward. A fresh-look by you without working knowledge of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Who is UR on Brickshelf

Hi I have for some time admired some very exciting train models on Brickshelf made by "UR" (URL) would very much try to create a ABS-version of his Swiss Crocodile, so I am interested to study the dat-file if available. It would also be great to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who is...

(...) It would appear to be a guy name Heiner Berg. I believe this is his website: (URL) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Who is...

HeinerBerg on Brickshelf? (URL) would like to contact this person... Rob www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Wow! That's a fantastic light rail model. And in six wide! Brilliant work. I was wondering how you used the engine in the shared bogey? You have pictures of the other wheelset (with the spring loading) but not the engine. I ask because I want (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  O-Train

(URL) All aboard the (URL)! Built for ParLUGment's Winterlude 2005 train layout, the O-Train is a light passenger train that runs a commuter route through Ottawa. According to the (URL) website> it is a Bombardier Talent BR643 DMU. I'm sure someone (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, FTX) !!

  Re: Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

(...) Oddly enough when I noticed it my excitement turned into disappointment. From what I could tell on the box art in the store, I thought it was actually an axle hole, and I had a mini-celebration for a minute there. Then when I got home and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

(...) I hadn't noticed that, but COOL. That's a very nice set to begin with and this is the icing on top. Hmm, now you've given me an idea about a coal mine for a medieval layout. Thanks LEGO! Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Town & Train Display - GATS Pictures - MichLTC

Feeling ill... looking at this... it's like my chair was pulled out from under me... I have seen many pics of your guys' layouts but, well, wow. Um, can I join your club (any high tech work out that way?)... or at least can I run one of my trains (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

This seems to have slipped by under the radar, but the mini train wheel has been redesigned and improved by LEGO. The old one [1], available in M.O.W. cars, Gringott's Bank, etc., was high friction, and tended to be very squeaky. The new one [2], (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grand Central Station and 2 wide trains

(...) That is very cool. By the way, I will **** a brick if anyone figures out a way to motorize 2-wide trains on LEGO 12v track :) Chris By the way, I was thinking of the every so slightly more exceptable 4 letter word for **** a brick :) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Central Florida Brick Day...

Florida LEGO Fans, I declare Saturday, March 19th, Central Florida Brick Day! The day starts at the Plant City Train Show in Plant City, Florida with a display by the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club and then the fun moves to the newly remodeled LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.loc.us.fl.orl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.tam)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) HA! I thought that, too!! Peace and Long Life, Tw0nst3r tw0nst3r@earthlink*I...MALOT*.net (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?

(...) Do you have any pic/more info on this? I remember a boxcar I was very inspired by, I thought it was yours but a search revealed that it was (URL) Kevin Maynes'> However in the (URL) same thread> (URL) mention was made> of some links of your (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) It happens all the time in Britain. It's shameful. It's almost enough to keep 2 heavy haulage companies in work on its own! It's worse when the destination for the loco is a place with a rail connection. Mark (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day...

(...) You know what is ironic about those pictures. Is the fact that a train, used for hauling all sorts of goods around the world. Is being hauled by a truck, ironic. Dave (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grand Central Station and 2 wide trains

(...) Thanks. It is (indeed) VERY LOOSELY modeled after the CS Amsterdam. I wanted such a style station, with the big dome-like train hall. Amsterdam has indeed one of those, but so do quite a few other stations in major European cities (Frankfurt (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Grand Central Station and 2 wide trains

(...) Hey Paul, Is that based on Centraal station in Amsterdam? Either way, it looks great. It is hard to believe it's Micro-scale! Good work! Bill (20 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact