 Trains / 24478
  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Eric, I believe the 107 set came in two versions. The first version had a blue motor and battery box. The second version had a black motor & battery box (not currently listed on Lugnet as a separate set). The blue version came out in the 60's; (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

In lugnet.trains, Clark Stephens wrote: <snip> (...) Yep--the instructions show a blue box and motor, but the actual motor and battery box is black. (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) The motor pictured is definitely the earlier style motor, with rivet-like sockets for the 4.5v plugs. The later motor was significantly different internally, with the sockets actually attached to the internal metal motor chassis, instead of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Frank's first LEGO train set has been a 111

(...) Clark - agreed! See my earlier post (URL) to see we are on the same page :) Eric (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)