 Trains / 24303
    Train Bases —Samarth Moray
   Okay, I have a question for the 8-wide builders here. I'm pretty sure you must be having a sizeable number of 6 x 24 and 6 x 28 train bases leftover from offical sets because you don't use them. So what do you do with all of them? Legoswami Samarth (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Bases —John Neal
     (...) I try and sell them, along with all of the other "locked in" 6 wide train elements. JOHN (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Train Bases —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I believe some builders use them embedded... but they are kinda short for most 8 wide cars.... I have a big stack of them myself because I don't use bases much but I can't bring myself to sell them yet. I think I will use a bunch for a factory (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Train Bases —Samarth Moray
     (...) I can't see how... I was under the impression that it would be easier to simply use stacked plates instead. Embedding a train base would solve a lot of problems with the motor connection issues, since the holes for mating would already be (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Train Bases —Mark Bellis
     (...) You have to be careful using the train base holes with vehicles longer than one base, since the bogie centres distance becomes so large that a motor (4x6 plate size) cannot turn far enough inside the train base on curves, so the vehicle (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Bases —Mike Kollross
     (...) They work great for floors in large buildings. Think large plate. (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Bases —Mark Bellis
     (...) OK, a bit bigger than 8-wide, but still applicable... I have used 6x24 bases for 4-wheel wagons, like these two brake vans: (URL) and (URL). I also have another brake van and six 32ft tube wagons (pics to follow soon). I convert the tanker (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Train Bases —Samarth Moray
     (...) Hey Mark, thats a really nice, different application of the 1x2x3-panel-and-2x3 plates technique! I can see it bieng used for (URL) high nose diesel cabs>, it's not as deja vu as the 1 x 2 x 3 train windows, and of course, the colour (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Train Bases —Ross Crawford
   (...) I used one in this: (URL) as Lar said, they would be a little short for most 8-wides. ROSCO (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)