 Trains / 24294
  Connecting monorail cars

I recently won an auction for a 6399 Airport Shuttle. I'm really happy to have finally obtained this set. Digging through my unsorted parts bin, I discovered that I have an extra 4x20 monorail base. But I cannot figure out how to incorporate a third (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

(...) William Howard is the expert on this, but I think he used 2x2 plates with ball-and-socket connectors to attach the back of one monorail base to the front of another. Jason Railton (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

(...) I beleive people have used these [LDrawPart 3183:0] [LDrawPart 3730:0] [LDrawPart 3184:0] [LDrawPart 3731:0] and possibly this [LDrawPart 2508:0] to get more distance between cars for the corners. The non-truck end of the third car then rests (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:IBKAzK.o3C@lugnet.com... (...) There are a number of threads on this topic, I myself have built three, four, and six car versions of the Airport Shuttle. I have had great results with (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connecting monorail cars

Thank you everyone for the additional information. I just wanted to make sure there was not an additional special piece used to connect extra cars. (Seems a bit short sighted to me. But then again, LEGO is no longer making this set.) But the ball & (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)