 Trains / 24241
24240  |  24242
Subject:
What's the latest in DCC for LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:26:03 GMT

A couple members of our club, the SCLTC, are investigating DCC. One member, Ted has picked up a Super Chief system from Digitrax. An I’ve just purchased a Zephyr system. I also picked up a DH163, and a DN123 decocoders. My gear should arrive today.

I was wondering what some of the experienced DCCers on this list thought about the current decoders, what options are useful, what isn’t? What are the prefered installations? Also what are any problems relevent to LEGO DCC with either of these command systems?

It was sugested to me that I might want to try LDCC first, but I don’t own a RCX setup, and the Zephyr seems to be a good deal at $150 plus shipping.

Mat