 Trains / 24158 (-20)
  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) ;-) (...) You'd have to admit though that doing it's front windscreeen will be TRICKY. While mentally designing it I've been thinking of using some 1 x 6 arch bricks placed upside down; but that's half the job. Then you have to figure out how (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) I'm looking forward to your redesign of the APT. Glad I could give you some inspiration (for once), usually it's the other way around :-) (...) See, had I only had the bricks, I would have built it that way exactly! It's far more stable and it (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Hey, Lar, he's saying we are old! :-P Tim With regards the blue tiger, I have to say that stylistically it just doesn't float my boat, my preferences are things like this angular German (URL) DB 185> or the more rounded Swiss (URL) BLS 465>. (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Meh... I think its because you guys are old school. Which is not to say I don't like any of the old stuff; For example, I LOVE hood units from ALCo, EMD- but I like the new Diesels (and the schemes) as well. Its a relief from some of the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Junction, Petticoat Junction!

Billie Jo, Bobby Jo and Betty Jo just as I remember them, freshening up in an open water tower: (URL) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) hm..that reminds me...I need to dredge up that idea I had some time ago... Scott (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Queensland Tilt Train - and it tilts!

(...) Very clever design, Esben! Well done. I may try to redesign my APT set as inspired by your ball-and-socket construction. I wonder if this (URL) socket piece> would work? Maybe is in this (URL) alternate construction of Esben's tilt design>. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

I have been there many times... cousins in Jonesboro (south Atlanta for those in the know)... come to think of it... my cousin did have one of these in the backyard... I don't recall to well, my attension was stolen by the vermine skins hanging on (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

James, I knew down deep that you had a still in your backyard, just a ways past the outhouse! Although I live in a Yankee state, all my kin is from the Carolinas. Two of the characters pictured are modeled after my uncles Clarence & Junior Thanks to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) So is there any truth to the rumor that your relatives got their start in the racing engine business supplying "deliverymen" during prohibition ??? (oh ya, awesome moc, spotlighted. Needs to be more coppery though, which is a hard trick given (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) That's cool, nice trees too. For some reason the word 'varmints' came into my head! Tim (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

If you ever make it down to Atlanta one day Steve you can come see mine in the backyard.(1) jt (1) don't let the revenuers follow ya! (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

Again thanks! I think I'll set it all up at the next GATS in Portland, Feb 19-20th. BTW your all (or is that yall) welcome to crash the show to! I will set it up on a flat table until I complete the landscaping...which has got me a bit worried. I (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

I've never seen one of those in person, is it a "southern thing"? ;) Awesome scene! I'm suprised none of the castle folks offered to buy the pitch fork! SteveB (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

SNIPPIFIED Steve, I haven't been commenting on your project, though I sould have, but this one really deserves praise (not trying to take anything away from the others here). It's.... beautiful. So thanks for sharing. I've been DYING to do a dio of (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Turtle Creek MOC (the mine building)

Steve, This is really, really cool. The Turtle Creek model does a great job at showing how one can obtain very realistic effects with LEGO bricks. The use of non-primary colors lends a lot to the model. Too bad the tans, off-yellows, off-greens, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Have to agree Tim (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Sheesh. If it ain't broke, DON"T FIX IT! File this one under "decisions made by marketing geniuses". This is horrible. They should have stuck with the Santa Fe logos. If they had wanted to be hip, they could've resurrected the (URL) ying-yang> (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thinkin' 'bout takin' up drinkin'

(...) Yee-haw, all you need now is the General Lee! Great moc, too bad I prefer beer. George (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF new paint

(...) Na. Too trendy. The Cigar Band nose logo is much cooler thsn some "lightning bolt"ish thing. (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact