 Trains / 24022
Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:24:08 GMT

[big snip]

I know, replying to myself, bad form. I have also discovered that
pbForth has DCC worked into it. The good new here (although I have only
looked at the introduction on the home page) is that Raplph Hempel has
created a Mac OS (not X) version. Yeah! Since I am using an old
powerbook and a serial IR tower to communicate with my RCX.

I do have DCC in the latest pbForth, but I've sort of dropped official
support for older versions of MacOS.

That being said, I think the instructions are still up on the site
for getting it to work. :-)

Please post here if you;re having trouble. The last time I had a
Mac here was about 2 years ago, so I might be a bit rusty. It DID
work with the serial tower though, and it was pretty cool!

Have you ever programmed in Forth? Have a look at this:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/stories/howtoUseDCC.html>

and then let me know if I can help if you haven't run screaming from
the room :-)

Cheers, Ralph