 Trains / 23973 (-20)
  Re: Sets to build the El Capitan (Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level)

(...) Yeah, I looked for them on BrickLink yesterday. No gray. Not very many Club Cars on BrickLink, either. Bummer. More Part Lists: I've posted the part list (URL) TEXT and LDR files for the individual cars> -- look in the individual car folders. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  British Rail EM2 / NS 1500 class electric engine

For quite a while now I had the intention to build a model of the former British Rail EM2 class engine (built specifically for the Woodhead route with it's 1500V DC system), later bought by the Dutch Railways during the engine shortage late 1960's (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  The Great Ball Contraption

In an attempt to provide Technic & Mindstorms builders the same cooperative building opportunity that's available to Moonbase, Castle, and Town/Train builders at Brickfest, we present to you: The Great Ball Contraption. When it's assembled at (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Sets to build the El Capitan (Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level)

(...) James, Thanks for putting this together! Hope it wasn't too much trouble. I find this Peeron feature to be very powerful. Now to figure out how to get those split-level train baseplates... not going to be easy... Thanks Again! -Paul (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Sets to build the El Capitan (Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level)

(...) I've tried to modify the full 5-car LDR file to match the Peeron set part lists. Here is updated (URL) part inventory information for the 5-car Hi-Level El Capitan build> (once modorated). Paul: Thanks for explaining how you use Peeron to (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some pics I found

(...) Okay, I tried my best but I can't figure out to what you are referring, Scott. Help. JOHN (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some pics I found

(...) John, If you want to extend it, the CUT LEGO model will handle 6 AND 8-wide trains... Scott Lyttle (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Small gathering of Train Heads in Seattle

All Train Heads invited!!! About 20 members of the former PNLTC are getting together in Seattle to hang out, BS, go to the LEGO store, have lunch, do a Dirty Brickster, show off some MOCs, and HAVE SOME GOOD OLD FUN! Feel free to drop in! Yes, yes, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some pics I found

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh wrote: <snip> (...) Welllll, unfortunately, we aren't bringing that layout to Cincy. I would have to rent a trailer and it would be a logistical nightmare. I have pretty much decided that that layout will be more of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some pics I found

(...) I saw those this morning on Brickshelf John. I'm really looking forward to seeing the layout at the NRMA convention in the flesh (or ABS). I want to see that fountain working as well. Good stuff, jt (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Some pics I found

I came across some pics that I never posted and thought I'd share. These first 2 were taken by Brian Williams in the summer of 2003 when he and his son visited the TCLTC clubhouse (which has since moved to a new location). Sadly for me, I never got (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) I'll have to look into that. I'm really not running the motors anywhere near their limit. The biggest single load is this train: (URL) at 1/2 speed, when the car is full of soccer balls. And, that's running off an RCX. Thanks for the info (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) Thanks for calling this to attention. A big Thanks to Thomas Rosenberg Andersen, who pointed this out to me earlier in a private mailing. He noticed that I had pictured the Dining Car part inventory on the Sky Lounge page. The (URL) Sky Lounge (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) Check the Linear Tech LT1083/4/5 series. They are pin compatible with the part that is already in the controller. LUCNY uses some of my modified controllers. You need to change; The bridge rectifer diodes to handle the chosen maximum current (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) "BAD" things won't happen, the circuit is kiddy-proof :) (the regulator IC will shut down when getting too warm) If you're a good D-I-Y person with electronics/soldering experience my mod might be for you. Requirements - Screwdriver to open up (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transformer Power

(...) Are you using the standard transformer with the controller? If so, the rating is 7VA, which will probably give about half an amp at 9V after losses. With a more powerful transformer you could get a bit more out of the controller as others have (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) We'll make a trainhead out of you yet... Worked on JB! :) Rob (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

(...) James, Happy New Year! Absolutely wonderful models!! Now if I can scrap up some gray train bases... I'll get to building them. Meanwhile, parts collection is underway. By the way, an errata for your book - Page 47 has the listing for the parts (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Looking for train designs

(...) Thanks for the idea. I took the 4563 idea and came up with this: (URL) seems to work well in my Great Ball Contraption Steve (20 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone made an American 4-4-0 with BBB wheels?

(...) Not to me;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact