 Trains / 2392
    Track Planning —Ian Sinclair
   Hello. Perhaps someone here can help me. I hope to start building a model railroad out of LEGO (of course). I don't own any turnouts yet, so I've been playing around with Matt's excellent Track Designer v2.0 I have not been able to find a solution (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Track Planning —James Powell
   (...) Yes. I don't know how large exactly (or how small...). I used to have a setup like this in my bedroom. Remember what it says on Matts page, that the lego track doesn't have to exactly line up for it to work. The larger the loop, the bigger the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Track Planning —Ian Sinclair
   Thanks James. After reading Matt's geometry page I found one solution. It's not as pretty as I'd like, but it does the job without any cheating. As it is a return loop, it is useful for a point to point layout. It can also hold a train in the loop (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Track Planning —James Powell
   (...) Well, you can allways do the non lego thing and cut some track so that the geometry is better. I have 4(?) pieces that I had to cut for the current layout, plus 2 points (cut and remade into full curves...why they didn't make them like Matt (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)