 Trains / 23908 (-5)
  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) If that's causing the trouble, there's a couple of things you can do. Clean the contacts with a pencil eraser to remove dirt, finger oils, and surface corrosion. Carefully apply a little bit of "contact conditioner", available at computer and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe El Capitan Hi-Level

A builder can always change the color scheme. The more important thing is your design, which, as always, is excellent. "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:I96rsI.xuD@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) I agree with the advice John gave, although not completely with the "why"... the drop in voltage is, in my view, due to the resistance at each track sections abutment with the next. (...) It is in your posting setup rather than you profile, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How do I power a long track?

(...) Hi ! This is a problem we encounter all the time. The solution is quite simple - add extra power connectors at selected locations around the track. Use the long Lego wires (hard to get) or make your own - cut a shorter wire and splice in some (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

  How do I power a long track?

Hello everybody, I have a train track that runs around the perimeter of my son’s bedroom on a platform that extends out from the wall. The problem is that the train seems to really slow down around the opposite end of the track from where the power (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact