 Trains / 2374
    Re: "cat whisker" trip switch —Robin Werner
   Steve, I have also used Mindstorms to run a train, like this. But I used it in a railroad yard, not for a trolley. But it’s basically the same concept. I put the touch sensor at a 90 degree angel with the track and about one brick away from track at (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: "cat whisker" trip switch —Steven Barile
   Robin, Sounds very simular to how I riged it. I had to run the speed at "2" Since the trolley is very small and pulls nothing. In fact I can "wheelee" it pretty easy. How do you determine when to decrease the voltage, is it merely timed? Otherwise (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: "cat whisker" trip switch —Jim Rorstrom
    (...) ower Steve, Steve, I poked around on the Web a little regarding model railroad sensors. Infrared sensors are generally placed between the rails facing up. They emit a constant infrared beam which is reflected back to the sensor when a train (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: "cat whisker" trip switch —Jim Rorstrom
   (...) To follow up on my laser comment (above). Josh Yeager in post #7294 (Robotics) offers his own laser module for Mindstorms. He is asking $35. - Jim --- (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)