 Trains / 23598 (-10)
  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Thanks Marc! He actually operated one? Cool! Cass is definitely on my list of places to visit in the US. Maybe next time I get to BF - it's not all that far away from DC :) ROSCO (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Yep it does make a nice sound, with the 2 motors whirring. I've actually just yesterday re-built it using the un-geared motors, to see if I could get it running close to the same speed as a train motor, and the reduction in volume is amazing! (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

I showed this to a friend of mine who has actually operated the Shay #2 at Cass, and he was truly amazed. Outstanding work! Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Thanks Lewis! Yes it is definitely too big for minifigs. (...) Yes the pistons also run, but they run at the same speed as the axles. Because the drive shafts are geared faster than the axles (12:20) this means the pistons run slower than the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Great looking shay, very close the the real #2. Boy that guy is huge, (10 wide) definitly not minifig scale. Does the pistons run also. You show the detail in the tender, but i did not see any detail in the engine. How did you deal with the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Oh my, that is one fine looking locomotive & tender. Great job! I'd love to see and hear it run - with all those gears it must make a great sound. Now, to build a couple flat cars hauling logs behind it, right? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) LOL technical bits beyond you? After you just (URL) motorised an entire fairground>???? And thanks for your help on this MOC, it is much appreciated. ROSCO (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LOWLUG display at Rail2004 (Leiden, the Netherlands)

LOWLUG will be present at Rail 2004, one of Europe's leading model railway exhibits, from november 12 to 14. The main display is a 9 x 4 meter train layout, modelled after several parts of the Netherlands with Dutch trains running on two large (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ParLUGment display at Railfair 27

I have finally named and uploaded all my decent pictures of ParLUGments's second Train layout in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, at Railfair 27. We doubled out layout size from last year, and almost tripled our participant count. A great time was had by (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) Ross, that is one extremely fine looking engine. Nice done!!! The overall shape is pleasing and true to form. I am especially fond of the curve "walls" on the tender. I think that the tan and black is a great combo and it's nice to see you add (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact