 Trains / 23585
  Magnetic sensor

I was reading posts in RTL and found one about a LEGO robotics summer camp selling a bunch of their stuff. They have a nice little magnetic field sensor on sale: (URL) Putting one of these under a track could easily sense when a train was passing (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Magnetic sensor

(...) OK, I ordered two but does anyone already own one that could comment on its use? Uses I could see would be a decoupler or crossing arms. With enough of them spaced throughout the layout (hooked in series with resistors to increase sensor (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Magnetic sensor

(...) Not being a purist, I ordered 5 of their magnetic sensor kits together with 20 of the short electric cables a while ago. The package that arrived contained the 5 magnetic sensors but only 6 of the electric cables. So I e-mailed them about the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)