 Trains / 23585
23584  |  23586
Subject:
Magnetic sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:23:20 GMT

I was reading posts in RTL and found one about a LEGO robotics summer camp selling a bunch of their stuff. They have a nice little magnetic field sensor on sale:

http://www.funrobotics.com/masekit.html

Putting one of these under a track could easily sense when a train was passing over, plus it wouldn’t be as bulky and conspicuous as a light sensor setup usually is.

Just thought I’d pass this info along. I’d buy one for myself, but I’m a purist. At least it looks like a real LEGO sensor. Now, if only LEGO would make one, too! The site has some other cool custom electrical parts, so check them out.