 Trains / 23377
    4512 is great to modify —Jordan Bradford
   I got a 4512 Cargo Train yesterday. It's my second train set, and I really like it. It derails on tight curves, though, but then you wouldn't expect a cargo train to be flying down the track anyway. I noticed while building the engine that it was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 4512 is great to modify —Juan Rodriguez
     This mod also ocurred to me the instant I saw the red lens in the package. My nest step is to use an function output from the dcc decoder to control the front and rear lights independently. It really makes the train look great. Especially when you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 4512 is great to modify —Joe Strout
   (...) Where'd you get the lights and short wires? I just placed an order at Dacta (oops, I mean LEGO Education) for two 1x2 light bricks for $10, and so far, that's the only source for them I've found (apart from homebuilt jobs). Sounds like you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 4512 is great to modify —Keith Hui
     (...) You want this: [LEGOSet 3748] (a bit expensive) Available from S@H or Bricklink. The bulb and lens also available separately from Bricklink, I think. I too want to get a couple for use as headlights in my Technic cars. Keith (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 4512 is great to modify —Paul De La Haye
   (...) Joe, Your looking for a supplier of light bricks? I too have modified my 4512 to have working red lights. It is a bit cheeky but I sent an e-mail to lego UK customer services, They offer a no charge service for supplying a couple of spare (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.trains)