 Trains / 2320
    Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt —Christian Holtje
   (...) I'll make a trade with you. I will type/scan some info in for you if you will make sure there is enough info for me to reproduce the model at home. I love this engine. I had one as a kid in O scale. Are you going to do a "B" as well? Do you (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt —Christian Holtje
   Actually, now that I think about it, my train was prolly an F9 (2 3 truck combo). Is there a good faq for how to describe this stuff? I love the way it all looks, but words fail me.... (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) P is for passenger. an FP has an elongated carbody to have a head end power unit and a hot water boiler for heating and AC. Some railroads did not want to buy E units and asked EMD to add that stuff to Fs (most Fs were geared for freight (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)