 Trains / 22648 (-20)
  Gary's Dymanic Buffer

Does your train group have some bad drivers / conductors? Well after a lot of good response over Gary's train buffer, i created the instructions for this (my first 2 boot), parts list and even have included the movie of the buffer in action. After (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train station

(...) Wonderful work. I've been there many times and would definitely have recognized the station without any descriptions. Excellent rendering! (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Space Cargo Container Standard?

(...) I'd say standard dimensions are a requirement! I'd also say we include a short and long version of the containers, much like trains (or real-life intermodal) does. the containers I used (I think) are 8 studs long, so this could be the short (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Heavy Duty Track Connections for Public Display Layouts (ILTCO Article)

Reference (URL) noticed early on that there is a significant voltage drop between 9V track sections. I put a large steam loco, which uses 2 train motors and 2 71427 technic motors, in a siding. When it was a metre from where the feed from a standard (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train station

I have been limited recently to building virtual MOCs due to a lack of space for the real thing. So when I wanted to see if I could build a representation of the train station in Jasper, Alberta I turned to MLCAD and POV RAY. The results can be seen (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOCs & New Address

I recently updated my new web site (see below) with two new projects: (URL) A slow moving passenger train (tram?). and (URL) A generic cargo car. A while back, I registered the domain; have slowly been migrating the site; and finally started to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) I've been working on a 4-6-4 using the BBB wheels, with some very good luck. I'm using a linkage design similar to that on my 4-8-4 Northern: (URL) a couple other people have mentioned, I had to de-flange one pair of drivers. In order to allow (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Ribbed panel construction idea

There are 2 versions of the 1x2 with handles...1 is dropped by 1/2 a plate height and the other is level. -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Jason J Railton Sent: Thursday, March 25, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) I heard someone say they were Fischer Technic (??) wheels. I might have an image somewhere with the contact info on it, I'll check and if I find it I'll post it. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) I meant that I thought the newer version wasn't entirely level either, but I could be wrong. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) I had thought that, t would reduce the rare piece count but would reduce the strength (actually it reduced it in one direction and increase it in another, hmm does it even need the strength there?) (...) There are two versions of this part, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Ribbed panel construction idea

(...) It's an interesting idea. You could alternate 5-studded 'dalek' bricks with 1-stud technic 'tumble-dryer' bricks along the centre line. Have you tried building this for real yet though? I thought that all the 1x2 plates with handles had at (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ribbed panel construction idea

While working out how to do the ribbed sides common on many modern locomoives I hit upon using this part (URL) After a serious of experiments to get the offset right I eventually came up with this design (URL) This basis can be scaled to suit, this (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

(...) I'm not sure, but as far as I can guess, the outer ring of the wheels looks like the "holder" ring you get with the minifig black tools & utensils. Arne, Copenhagen (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) Hello All, I used flex rods in my design ,mainly for looks. They don't really flex in my design. My train is a 4 6 2. Is this the part #3747, which you are talking about?I used a 3 long technic axel with stud on one end.This is on the middle (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Modifying 9v Wyes

Must be my week to do crazy stuff with my LEGO collection... (URL) which I took a Dremel to two of my train switches. I was inspired by a picture I saw about a week ago from another LEGO train show (can't track down the post--I'm too tired) and it's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) [snipped] (...) Jeroen/All, Sadly, I fear you're right. One additional thing Brad Justus recently said (at LEGO World) was that he didn't think LEGO Direct should be making new trains for a while, but maybe just new track. I believe his reason (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl

(...) I am very proud of you, Jake! :-) For your wonderful creation, and your great idea. I love the warehouse-- very "industrial" looking, very convincing. And I love the idea of playing with intermodal containers and having a "standard". What I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Does anyone know how these wheels were constructed

Hi Came across the following set of pictures of a large scale steam engine on Brickshelf. (URL) well done. What I want to know is how the wheels were constructed. I am in the process of trying to make a John Deere Model D tractor with steel wheels, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

In lugnet.loc.au, Sonnich Jensen wrote: After moderation: (URL) 1) There is one of Gary's track buffer taking a hit. (these were great, ther (...) Aaron will have photos and building instructions up soon. (...) Runs on small cog wheels and is (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact