 Trains / 22615
  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I bought two sets of drive wheels from Ben. Four red ones for my American 4-4-0, which I just finished (less one black macaroni... grrr), and 6 black wheels for eventually making a 4-6-2. I haven't even started planning my 4-6-2, but I have (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Now that is inspired genius! You wouldn't really have to connect the middle wheels to the rods at all though, which may make it easier. The possibility is there for adding skirts to the hundreds of 'Mallards' that are about to appear... I can (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I think some sort of flexibility is also required in the drive rods themselves. Teunis Davey uses flex rods and he says this works - so this might be worth a try. Geoff (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) My thinking on the techinic peg/axle (part #3747) is that the drive rod will remain rigid, and, since one side of the peg/axle connecter can move in and out freely, the space between the drive rod and the wheel will change. Unfortunately, I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)