 Trains / 22436
22435  |  22437
Subject:
Santa Fe B-Unit and Window Decal for stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:24:46 GMT

I have found at Wal-Mart an InkJet Window Decal material for making custom stickers. Quantity six 8.5x11-inch sheets in one package, US$7.93, by Hammermill.

I’ve used it to make a custom Santa Fe logo sticker for the sides of a B-unit.

Maybe the sticker is a bit too small? There is a little room on the height of one brick to make the sticker taller. This is a first-try. I may try to enlarge the logo just a bit more. I’d rather the sticker not overlap adjacent bricks/plates.

One thing I noticed about the B-unit in this image is that the 3 porthole windows are not symmetrically place in the center of the B-unit body; however, the spacing between the 3 windows does appear to be the same.

Here is a link to the Santa Fe logo that I used. It is 284x90 pixels. I grabbed it from James T’s LEGO(R) Santa Fe locomotive registry site and did a little recolouring.

Maybe this window decal material could be used to replicate the gray porthole windows and and overlay the porthole decal onto a standard 1x2x2 trans-clear thin-wall panel? Scan the face of the official gray porthole painted piece, print the image onto the decal material...?

Please let me know if you might better edit this Santa Fe logo or have a link to a higher resolution or better image for use on the B-unit.

Thanks.

later,

James Mathis