 Trains / 22348
    Train poster —Chuck Kabesh
   I have updated my train poster and virtual MOCs on my web page. (URL) I was re-modeling the locomotive I included the wheel that I've noticed in the nose of an actual SD in the switchyard near the Westminster Quay. My question is: what is the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train poster —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Frasier River gorge, then? (...) Handbrake, I believe. EVERYTHING (that might enter interchange service) has to have a handbrake, if I am not mistaken, even locomotives that normally are powered have that requirement. Why? Sometimes (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train poster —Chuck Kabesh
     (...) Snip (...) Thanks for the info. My first guess would have been a brake but I certainly wasn't going to guess out loud... not with all the experts here. The background scene is a shot of Pryamid Mountain in Jasper National Park, Alberta. If you (...) (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train poster —James Powell
   (...) Yes, they are handbrakes. (...) It doesn't particularly matter- the way that brakes are dealt with on trains now is that they are a fail on device. I think that the hand brake wheel is to take the brakes OFF rather than put them on- I don't do (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)