 Trains / 22318 (-10)
  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) This was my plan if I destroy any of my motors. I haven't done this yet though. Also the motor pack is just too large to be able to work into some cars. (...) I have a friends friend that might be able to copy the plastic wheel in a light (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

(...) Hey, Although I do not have an answer to your question perhaps I can help. E-mail your question here... (URL) ... and see if they E-mail you back:] Sorry if I was no further help Happy Building Erik Bush (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The colors of.... hoppers???

(...) It's made of carbon lattice.... (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Posters, yes again

Hello... Can any one answer this? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

(...) Consider also conductive paint on plastic wheels. It may not be a good permanent solution but would allow for experimentation before commissioning tooling to create metal wheels. (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  The colors of.... hoppers???

I hope I'm not stealing any thunder but... (URL) was dying laughing at some of these. Especially the trans white one. I guess I'm just easily amused. (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

Dean I'was thinking the same idea this weekend... I'm imagining several possibilities, that are: Motorless box (Ben's solutions).. (too expensive for a passanger car) Metal wheel in standard boggies,what you mentioned.. but we need to work in detail (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for a track power pickup for non motored trains...

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby wrote: <snip> (...) I've tried removing the 9v motor from inside a 9v train motor. Works pretty well. Without the motor inside, it has a lot less friction. I'm currently using this technique to power the rails on my (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of COLTC at Columbus GATS

(...) Wow, those skyscrapers are huge, I love them! And the rest of the layout looks great too, super job. jt (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

I would like to say "hi" and introduce myself as a LEGO Train newbie. I only have the old 7720 set and a load of track. Each time I think of upgrading and buying a new train set LEGO releases something new, usually Star Wars, which catches my eye (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact