 Trains / 22038 (-10)
  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Hi All, Unfortunatly the train car is only 18 studs long (notice the small step in the front and back of train car) and it uses the small train wheeles and does not come with any 9v track. Again, unfortunatly, the train car does not have any (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) I wonder what the inside will look like, probably nothing too fancy since it's a 16 stud long train... (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

Josh, Thanks for pointing these new sets. I really hope these are preliminary shots and not the final sets. The way the end windows match the side windows is really poor. Using the 1x2x2 "airplane" windows results in a gap on the side of the car. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Yep. I've done it before. It even works with a regular Lego magnet in between the two, because then it is a "more powerful" magnet force holding the two cars together. Works well with the engine to first car magnet- if you needed more than (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Didja Notice??

I noticed it, and the first thing that struck me after I carefully scanned the picture for new pieces and stuff was the fact that almost all the decals in the photo are crooked. I've seen this kind of thing before and I've always wondered: Who (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

YEESH! Looking good guys! (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New 2004 Sets!

~Jus' two more things: (URL) anyone get a good look @ the 'dark-cloaked' figure in the background between the train and the minifig on the right…nice! (URL) and here’s yet another set with a train in it that shows TLG’s commitment to the Rail-heads (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Not rumors anymore...two of the seven sets (Street Chase and Cafe Attack) appear to have Jack Stone-like characters. Luckily just those two. Doug (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  an 'improved' coupler design

Ever since the GMLTC became one of the first clubs to build our trains 8-wide, we've run into problems trying to run long trains. Simply, the LEGO magnets aren't strong enough! Try to pull several 8-wide cars around a 180degree corner, and we'd (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hiya Lyndsay! Great to hear from you ... in answer to your question, I'm not exactly sure. I only had it set up on a relatively small loop (exactly one dining-room-table in size), so I'd suspect it will have many of the same problems when it (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact