 Trains / 21938 (-20)
  Re: Slotted freight cars

In lugnet.announce.moc, James Trobaugh wrote: <snip re sliding doors> (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Quite funny breakfast story

(...) No. These did not come up in the conversation, looks good though. I think COLTC will stick with a decal container, propably will start making/designing them soon. Paul (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slotted freight cars

Awesome! They capture the look of stock cars very nicely. Jeez that's a lot of those... -Stefan- (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  COLTC at the COSI Toledo Show Report

Last weekend, we participated in the train event of the COSI in Toledo, OH, together with MichLTC, and 2 other non-Lego clubs. It was a good show, and it was great to talk to the MichLTC crowd. Despite that half of our stuff is tied up at the Shrine (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, FTX) !!

  3 Show Reports from MichLUG - Town/Train & Castle Displays

Well we have been really busy lately. 4 Shows in November and December with yet 1 more at the end of the month. We have 3 report finished up so I thought I would announce them all together. The last report will be forthcoming. 19th Annual Festival (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  Re: Quite funny breakfast story

(...) Hmmm. So, did Larry have much to say on the subject I wonder, having had a previous viewing of this: (URL) ??? Jason R (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slotted freight cars

The sliding dorsa are brilliantly simple. They move in a similar manner to sliding plug doors and your design has given me inspiration for use on smaller passenger stock doors. Tim (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7 wide rolling stock

I am a bit surprised that noone have responded yet, cause it is really great work. Mostly I like the cars, the passenger car is just great, it gives me some ideas for a project I once stopped. Minimum use of parts which gives plenty of room in the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Great idea! I just tried this with the speed regulator set to level 4 (6 being max) and it reduces the impact considerably, but there's still enough power for a reliable throw. I've been using the motorized switches with my RCX (running LACC) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Thanks, Philippe. I must say that it was your article at the FreeLUG site that got me thinking along these lines. I remember having to search all over the place when I was working on my first motorized switch! Here's the latest version of the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) No problem! I might even build some of these myself... ROSCO (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)

(...) Hi Mark, Along with Chris, I totally agree that your design is brilliant. I tested both versions (long and short) and both prooved to be very stable with my switch points. At least after 200 tests. To be honest, I oil my switch points with (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB wheels + availability?

(...) Or that he's set up to handle non PayPal buyers. Well maybe this first production run will be collectors items someday, when Ben is rich and famous. :-) ++Lar (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB wheels + availability?

(...) Yes, it is $3 each. I'm just not sure that there are even any remaining to purchase... JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB wheels + availability?

(...) I'm 99% sure "$3 each" is for one wheel. $6 for a pair of them. Still a very reasonable price, in my opinion! I've already bought almost a dozen of these 'beta' wheels, and I'll buy more when the 'production' version comes out. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels + availability?

It says $3 each on the website. That is $3 per each PAIR, right? Not whining, just clarifying. It seems a very reasonable price. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) I was at Potomac Mills yesterday and purchased a set of straight in the new box art to compare color. It is still the original dk.gray. Nate (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

I was at the Lego Outlet at Potomac Mills over the weekend. They had train track in stock. Some of the stock had updated packaging with the "World City" logo on it. The set numbers are the same, just new packaging. I did not buy any to compare, but (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New gray track doesn't match

(...) I can't understand why Lego is only going halfway with the color change. Why aren't they promoting the new colors with splashy advertising on the boxes that say "New and Improved Colors! Now even more compatible with your MegaBlocks (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3 axle trucks

(...) Mike, I like it, I like it a lot. I might switch my design to that. The only thing that I am worried about is torque. On my engine, the pivitoing part is the part that pulls the load, but I'll never know if I don't try. (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact