 Trains / 21920
Re: New gray track doesn't match
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:02:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
That was my point. The "new gray" has already made it into the train
track rails. Since there is no freshness date on LEGO, there is no
reason to move old stock to the front of the shelf; thus, there could
still be some "old gray" out there. However, if old gray rails still
exist, whether you get new or old gray rails is going to be a crap shoot.

I can't understand why Lego is only going halfway with the color change.
Why aren't they promoting the new colors with splashy advertising on
the boxes that say "New and Improved Colors!  Now even more compatible
with your MegaBlocks collection!".  Isn't that the whole point of this?

They should take a tip from the cereal manufacturers.  You'd never see
a new color in your box of "Lucky Charms" without a huge blurb on the
front of the box extolling the virtues of fabulous new rainbow colored
marshmallow bits.

Don