 Trains / 21798
  quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

I rebuilt my 'Challenger' (for about the 20th time) to use the drive wheels designed by Ben Fleskes. The GMLTC had our layout setup at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, so I finally got a chance to try out the Challenger with the new (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

(...) Hey, thanks for the update! Nothing beats field trials! What's your current blind/flanged configuration? Still going flange/blind/flange to get the 8 stud total spacing, or something different? (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

(...) Definitely flaged/blind/flanged, but I can't remember the spacing. I haven't modified the blind wheels for the new experimental closer spacing, so I think it's 5 studs between wheels. I'll probably end up re-de-flanging (John make new word!) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)