 Trains / 21752
Re: Broken Train Motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:28:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Erik Bush wrote:
On the ends of one of my 9v train motors the little hooks have broken off.  Has
anyone else had this problem?  I store the motors in a safe place when I'm not
using them, and it isn't like I broke them off for any reason.  If the hooks get
weak after use then maybe they may have been used too much but I am not sure.  I
would appreciate a response.  Thanks

Hi Erik,

I had that effect a (very) few times (**), but each time it has been my fault,
that the hooks broke away. If you have parts attached on the hooks, you should
not disassable them by bending them downwards. Instead try to pull them to the
motor top side direction without tilting them. The ABS material will not suffer
under any weakening effect as far as I know.

Leg Godt!

Ben

(**) I own(ed) around 50++ motors (some of them bought in used to heavy used
condition) and not more than 4 of them have been damaged. So far I have only 1
time burnt a motor. Those have a really high operational reliability. Best
example has been a motor that still has been electrical ok, but had a hole on
the top side due to wear effects! (After half a year of use on an oval layout
(within set 4564 engine) in a shop window display.