 Trains / 21749
    Broken Train Motors —Erik Bush
   On the ends of one of my 9v train motors the little hooks have broken off. Has anyone else had this problem? I store the motors in a safe place when I'm not using them, and it isn't like I broke them off for any reason. If the hooks get weak after (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Broken Train Motors —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) Hi Erik, I had that effect a (very) few times (**), but each time it has been my fault, that the hooks broke away. If you have parts attached on the hooks, you should not disassable them by bending them downwards. Instead try to pull them to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Broken Train Motors —David Koudys
   In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: <snip> (...) One or two of my clips have broken, but always the result of the engine careening off the layout and smashing on the ground. The other clip is still there so I haven't much worried about (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Broken Train Motors —Jan-Albert van Ree
   (...) Some silicon grease should do the trick and it doesn't damage the ABS. I use it sometimes on bogie pins with good results. Any decent hardware shop has it. Also, it's almost colorless so it won't look bad. (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)