 Trains / 21737
  Re: Bogie design (coupler)

(...) Tim, I like these little renderings you've been working up VERY much. I hope I can convince you to make up an FTX page with all of them in it, (which I would then link to from the header) (1) because it's good stuff, good stuff indeed. The use (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Bogie design (coupler)

(...) I got the impression that that was what he was aming for, I wasn't certain that it would work tho as the coupling could just swing any which way. You could mount the coupling straight on the rotor arm but it wouldn't be at Lego™ standard (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Bogie design (coupler)

(...) Actually, not. We Europeans don't mind buffers :-) But the problem intrigued me, and I like to puzzle out technical solutions, so I gave it a try. (...) He wanted 2,5 stud offset. Because the magnets swivel around their horizontal axes they (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)